This week we’ve got a member of the Emperor’s Spears Space Marine chapter. I’ve been quite fond of the colour scheme for this chapter since first seeing it, and after having done it, I think it’s my favourite so far. The paints themselves had great coverage and were easier to work with than some of the less opaque ones (I’m talking about you, orange!). The result is one that I’m really happy with, not to mention a few sessions back painting has improved my brush control noticeably, and my ability to get paint where I actually wanted (most of the time!) is much improved.
I don’t have much to say about this guy other than I’m pretty happy with the end result. I used a grey basecoat again, but it worked much better with this colour scheme than it did with orange or yellow. I’m also happy with my whites, and I think this is a recipe I’ll use in future (although I’ll go a little heavier with the white highlight in future). The shades are subtle but visible, and it looks like white, rather than badly painted grey as I usually end up with.
I think I’m going to go for something a little different next week. For one, I’ve run out of Space Marine chapters that I want to paint – I’m open to suggestions as I’ve still got half a box of them left! The second reason is I’ve a tonne of fantasy minis that I want to paint, so one of them will be getting the treatment over the next few days!